What is it?
- Cisco Catalyst 2960X-24PS-L Ethernet Switch – 24 Ports – Manageable – 4 x Expansion Slots – 10/100/1000Base-T – 24 x Network, 4 x Expansion Slot – Twisted Pair – Gigabit Ethernet – 4 x SFP Slots
- Cisco PN: 2960X-24PS-L
- Device: 24 Ports, Manageable, 4 x Expansion Slots, 10/100/1000Base-T – 24 x Network 4 x Expansion Slot, Twisted Pair, Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x SFP Slots, 2 Layer Supported, 1U High – Rack-mount or Desktop.
- UPC: 882658554339 and/or 882658554391
The Cisco 2960X-24PS-L is in the Sweet Spot for price and performance in the Catalyst line and is, by far, the most searched Cisco switch at Vertical Enterprise.
A couple of reasons for the great pricing is that the 2960S series is EOL in 2020 and most have already taken the upgrade path to these 2960Xes. In addition, EOL is going to be announced soon for the 2960X series and will be replaced by the 9200 series.
The upgrade path for the 2960X will be the 9200L and the upgrade path for the 2960SR will be the 9200.
So, for now, 2960Xes are a bargain for a Cisco environment compared to the 3850/9300 catalyst lines.
- Any 2960-X will stack with any 2960-X and 2960-XR stacks with 2960-XR (except for the 24PSQ-L model doesn’t stack with anything and neither do the -LL models).
- All Catalyst 2960-X Series Switches use a single Universal Cisco IOS Software Image for all SKUs. So, depending on the switch model, the Cisco IOS image automatically configures either the LAN Lite, LAN Base, or IP Lite feature set.
- LAN Lite models have reduced functionality and scalability for small deployments with basic requirements.
- The 2960-X series available with the LAN Base and LAN Lite feature sets and Catalyst 2960-XR series is available with IP Lite feature sets.
- Each switch model is tied to a specific feature level. Meaning, LAN Lite cannot be upgraded to LAN Base and LAN Base cannot be upgraded to IP Lite.
Pricing? Blog posts are forever, but pricing on the WS-C2960X-24PS-L switch changes regularly (usually downward). That is why pricing is not listed.
How do I get one? We have them in stock at our main site here: https://vertical-enterprise.com/store/ws-c2960x-24ps-l-cisco-catalyst-2960-x-24-gige-poe-370w-4-x-1g-s/
|Cisco Part Number||WS-C2960X-24PS-L|
|Form Factor||Rack-mountable – 1U|
|Ports||24 x 10/100/1000 + 4 x 1G SFP|
|Management Interface||10/100 Mbps Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Available PoE Power||370W|
|Maximum stacking number||8|
|Maximum active VLANs||1023|
|MAC Address Table Size||16K (default)|
|CPU||APM86392 600MHz dual core|
|Flash Memory||128 MB|
|Status Indicators||Per-port status: Link integrity, disabled, activity, speed, and full duplex System status: System, RPS, Stack link status, link duplex, PoE, and link speed|
|Console ports||USB (Type-B), Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Power Redundancy||Option (PWR-RPS2300)|
|Voltage range (Auto)||110V-240V|
|Power Consumption Operational||0.49 KVA|
|Width||17.5 Inches (44.5 cm)|
|Depth||14.5 Inches (36.8 cm)|
|Height||1.75 Inches (4.5 cm)|
|Package Weight||23.48 Pounds (10.65Kg)|
|Weight||12.8 Pounds (5.8 Kg)|
|Rack Mounting Kit||call|
|MTBF in hours||324,280|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ae, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1AX|
|System software||IOS LAN BASE|
|Features||Layer 2 switching, DHCP support, power over Ethernet (PoE), auto-negotiation, ARP support, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), IGMP snooping, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), IPv6 support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support, Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, RADIUS support, SSH support, Jumbo Frames support, MLD snooping, Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), PoE+, Cisco EnergyWise technology, Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (URPF), Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+), IPv4 support, Shaped Round Robin (SRR), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), MAC Address Notification, Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN), NetFlow, Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) support, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR), Class of Service (CoS), Cisco FlexStack Plus|
|Network security||SSH, SSL and SCP, RADIUS and TACACS+, SNMPv3 crypto, 802.1x, 802.1x Accounting / MIB, 802.1x w/ port security, 802.1x w/Voice VLAN, 802.1x Guest VLAN, 802.1x VLAN assignment, 802.1x MAC-Auth Bypass, BPDU/Root Guard, Port Security, Private VALN Edge, Storm Control, Block unknown unicast and multicast, IGMP Snooping, IGMP Filter/Throttle|
|Management||Auto-MDOX, TDR, UDLD, IP SLA Responder, layer 2 / IP Traceroute, SPAN, RSPAN, Express Setup, Device Manager, Cisco Network Assistant, Smartports + Advisor, Troubleshooting Advisor, Drag-and-drop Cisco IOS Upgrade, IP Address DHCP, Autoinstall with saved configuration, Configuration Replace, DHCP Auto Image Upgrade, DHCP Port Based Allocation, Error Disable MIB|